Wednesday, November 11, 2015

DIY

Nothing says "Shits gettin' real" like picking out your own oak board for your Man to make a paddle!

He made me carry it.

And, when the gentleman who makes the cuts said, "you only want two feet?" I was VERY much expecting him to ask what my Man would be making.

He didn't.

When I asked my Man what he would have answered, he said he planned on telling him....and watching his face go red.

I say I cannot be embarrassed, I was wrong!  MY face would have certainly turned red!

4 comments:

  1. That will be one special paddle....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly will be. This will be our first one! And, I made the flogger we have. I have equal amounts of excitement and nervousness.

      Delete
  2. LOL! I think you lucked out because they always seem to ask what you're making.

    We have some scrap wood that he used to make a paddle, it made me feel all kinds of special that he put in the time to make it, but I really hate That Thing (it's not usually for fun though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even tried to walk away a little when he questioned how little we needed. =) I am actually really nervous about this paddle! How in the world am I excited at His interest and initiative in wanting to make His own paddle but worried that He may like it too much- all at the same time!? I am such a girl.

      Delete