Friday, July 17, 2015

Missing my Man and blogland

It feels like a month since I last found time to connect in blogland!  Maybe it has!?

A little away time- a girl's trip.  Honestly, never my favorite activity if it involves being away from my Man.  He is home, holding down the fort.  Literally I think as we have strong storms rolling through.  I can't help but wonder if I calm him as much as he calms me?  Then I remember, I NEED the calm. Maybe I give him the crazy his life was in need of?

I am NOT suffering though- trust me on this!!  Who knew waiting to book our hotel until the day prior would pay off?  I really didn't wait on purpose, the town I wanted to stay in was booked solid for weeks prior and I was trying until the last day in hopes of not taking "no" for an answer......and oh goodness.....it worked!!!!

We are atop a hill overlooking the waterway in a private home (cheaper than the local booked hotels, I assume because it was the last minute =}  Yay me!!

All is well in our corner.  Much to blog- however- I am spending my free time as disconnected from electronics as much as possible this summer.

I do miss my bloggy friends and I hope you are all finding some time to disconnect!  But just like me---- come back soon and tell us all about your adventures!!!


P.S.  a drumstick can be an effective reminder tool for a wife is isn't showing her love of service.  Especially if you ask her if she "likes" serving you and she mistakenly answers "yes".  After about 5 sets of 20-30 each I finally remembered "I LOVE SERVING YOU, SIR!".

7 comments:

  1. I don't know why when I read drumstick...I was thinking chicken. Haha. Then I realized what you actually meant. My brain must be tired!! Yikes...that must have hurt!

    Glad things are going well. Sounds like a fabulous trip you are on. Have fun and be safe.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I thought of chicken, too!

      Delete
    2. Oh the chicken drumstick may not have packed the same "correction" as the one we have =). The statement sounds hilarious when I re-read it and think of chicken too!! You ladies are too funny!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Pearl, great to hear from you. I thought chicken at first too lol. Ouch! Glad to hear things are well in your world. It does sound like a fantastic trip, hope you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy your disconnected time..but don't be away too long:) I think we all need it from time to time.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You gals were hungry when you read this one I think!! =)

      The actual trip was very nice...the day after we got home, not so much. Such is life.

      Thanks for popping in Roz.

      Delete
  3. Pearl .... take all the time you need my dear. We'll all be here when you get the time to connect with all of us. We'll miss you till you do, but like me, I'm sure your other devoted friends and followers will relish in the comfort and joy you have while disconnected. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SHIP. It is turning into more time away than intended but what can you do. Please let your Mistress K know that I replied to her email. Somehow in our emails she thought I was the Dom too. =). I guess I thought she would just know by osmosis that I am a subbie! Funny that it was never brought up prior to now!

      Delete