Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Two wrongs DO make a right!

So our kiddos asked for some ice cream on our mini vacation. My Man and I were both right there. He didn't answer, so I said "yes" (wrong #1) and for the record, HE is always the go to "yes" for the kids- I just thought I was getting some "yes" credit.

Oldest kiddo says "as many scoops as we want?" I reply "No! This is not see how much you can eat."  My Man now responds to them that yes- they can order whatever they want- its vacation. (wrong #2).

I am not even sure if I need to clarify that I was beyond pissed off?!  My Man could sense my fuming anger and asked if I was mad.  I said "completely".

Kiddos come back and my Man promptly tells them that he made a mistake and that if mom says no, the answer is no.  They say a lovely " ok, sorry" and go on eating ice cream.  He then looks to me and says " you should have told them to ask me in the first place".  My Man made right of this wrong situation.  Showed me respect to our family and expected respect right back.  Lessons learned- even on vacation.

10 comments:

  1. Good on your husband for rectifying the situation and telling the kids he made a mistake. That is awesome...lessons learned :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so proud of him Roz! He is such a terrific role model to our kids!!

      Delete
  2. That's great. Communication is key. Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much agree K! Thanks for stopping in!!

      Delete
  3. This was so sweet to read! What a great moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are having a wonderful vacation!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Nicely done. Hope you're having a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will tell him you said so DH!! Hope your visit with Julia's mom is going well!

    ReplyDelete