Monday, April 6, 2015

Real Neat Blog....



I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Julia one of my favorite bloggers- thanks Julia!!

Real Neat Blog Award Rules


1. Put the Award Logo in your post.

2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.

4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.

5. Let them know you nominated them.

Questions from Julia: 

1. Are you an outdoorsy kind of person?
YES!  Very much so.  I love hiking, kayaking, camping (we have a camper- I'm not a tent person any more).  The best vacations are out in nature- we are currently planning our next adventure!  

2. What is one thing you would tell yourself if you could go and visit yourself ten years ago?
Great question and a rough one to answer. 10 years ago would have put us right in the thick of probably our most disconnected time during our marriage.  The one thing I would have told myself is to take a breath.  I'm not sure expanding would make any sense but overall my inability to just stop and be still (if even for ONE small moment) prevented me from fully enjoying that time in our life.  Medication could have been useful too =) 

3. What do you like about blogging and how did you get into it?
I most enjoy the personal stories and contact with others living a similar lifestyle.  Journaling is wonderful but I would miss out on those personal interactions.  I got into blogging by searching and searching a million terms similar to "sexually submissive wife".  I always added "sex" into the search because although I wanted to learn about full submission, I was wanting to avoid the Biblical submissive wife perspective.  I grew up with Catholic guilt as a guide- I have NO quilt on the way I choose to live and I very much wanted to read and to blog about full submission in and out of the bedroom.

4. What is the last thing you did that you were super proud of?
I earned a specialty certification in an area above my career expertise- and afterwards I was told that I am the first person to earn this certification in our organization =)  I worked many months to prepare for it and I was really, really excited when I passed the exam.  I actually sat in my car and cried before I called my Man.

5. How is the weather outside right now?
OOoooo.....sunny but still cold/cool (50's I think).  The sun is really shining- we even had our sunroof open as we ran errands today!

6. Where are your blog visitors from?
Let me check.
Here is a quick cut and paste!  Very interesting question, and answer.
United States

Ukraine

Canada

Finland

United Kingdom

India

Switzerland

Australia

Denmark

New Zealand       

7. Which blog post(s) are you most proud of or happy to have written down? 
 This might be my favorite question you asked because I get to peak past at my posts!  Without looking I am going to answer that I am most proud of my very first blog post.  This post is completely U/us.  When I re-read it, I can feel that pain down in my gut.  I remember that time in our life and there is nothing I would change in the way my writing captured that.  I had no idea how it would be received but I very much felt that anyone who understood my feelings would be someone I would want returning to my blog in the future and I knew that I would be led to blogs that would speak to me as well.
After reading through some of my old posts I also am very proud of a few others for pretty much the same reason as why I love my first post.  Behind the Curtain  felt good to write and to account for our everyday imperfections.  I loved looking through my old posts!  Thank you so much Julia for the terrific questions!!

I LOVE these questions from Julia and want to pass on these same questions for the blogs I nominate.
I nominate a few blogger friends I don't hear from as much as I would like =)

subkitty at hisomega.blogspot.com
Aurora at notyoureverydayfairytale.blogspot.com

Brooke Austin....I see your blog is closed =(  I would still love to hear from you here or in email if you are up for it.

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Pearl,
    These were really insightful questions and I enjoyed reading your answers. But I have to say that the last one was amazing. I followed both your links to your old posts and wow - they were incredible. I'm glad that you are sharing them once again here, for those of us who'd missed them before. :)
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cali! I had forgotten about my Behind the Curtain post, when I re-read it, I just loved it =)

      Delete
  2. Fun to read your answers. We also like being outdoors.

    Oh, I do hope Aurora responds, it's been awhile since I've seen her post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! Aurora is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  3. Hi Pearl, these were great questions and I really enjoyed reading your answers. Congratulations on No.4, that is a wonderful achievement to be very proud of :)

    The 2 posts you chose were awesome posts. It's interesting to see where visitors to our
    blog come from.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz!!

      It is always crazy to me that there are people across the world writing and reading here in blogland.

      Delete
  4. These are great answers, and you should be feeling proud of yourself, very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) I really am! Thanks for the awesome questions Julia, I love them.

      Delete