Wednesday, April 23, 2014

In it for the long haul...



I'm in it for the long haul baby.  

My Man said this to me a while ago.  It was in reference to 'the bitch' I was hormonally being at the time and my coldness to him as he hugged me in the kitchen.  No need to gasp in horror, I feel the shame, trust me.

I remember that moment often and how very much it mattered/matters to me.

___________________________________________________________________

He started our time off perfectly, lovingly.  He is an amazingly GOOD Man.  I have moments where I just don't deserve him.  He gives of himself anyway.  We have always been a perfect Yin and Yang.  When he struggles, I am strong.  When I struggle, he is strong.  And, he reminds me that he is in this for the long haul.  What an amazing way to say 'I love YOU'.

I have worked on making changes, a lot lately.  I am deciding to work harder.  I have it in me to DO better and to BE better.  I just need to find it when the hormones rage.



9 comments:

  1. I'm going through the same thing. We are still recovering from what happened the last time my hormones and PMS took over....
    So wonderful to know that your man will be right rhere by your side no matter what.

    Huge hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Subkitty, I have been thinking about you and hoping things are better for you both.

      Yes, my hormonal time has been a huge problem that we are chipping away a little at a time. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely depiction of your relationship Pearl. Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my comment at the bottom was for you Jay. I must not have hit the reply to your comment =)

      Delete
  3. aw how lovely!

    like your husband, mine often tames me with hugs and kindness when really, I'm not sure I deserve them! Of course, it calms me and has me toeing the line quicker than you can say Jack Robinson, dear, clever man that he is

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your description of your marriage. It is must be good to know that even when hormones get the better of us, your husband isn't giving up. I wonder sometimes why my husband doesn't just lock me up somewhere so he can enjoy some sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Lovely depiction...' I like the sound of that. Thanks!! I always hope that my feelings are coming through.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness Blondie, I often wonder how he doesn't just lock me up!! =)

    ReplyDelete